The Productivity 1000 series of programmable logic controllers has a slim stackable super compact design. This is sometimes also referred to as a shoebox PLC because of the shape and way in which expansion modules are added. This new Productivity 1000 series PLC is the latest in the Productivity series of controllers that have hit the market.
Productivity 1000 (Stackable Micro PLC)
Productivity 2000 (Micro Modular Programmable Controller)
Productivity 3000 (Modular Programmable Controller)
The Productivity 1000 series PLC provides the following features for your automation control panel.
– 50MB user memory – Can handle very complex applications easily.
– 4 built-in communication ports – Easy connectivity to your network. This would include your PC, HMI, Networks, etc.
– Data logging up to 32 GB on a microSD card
– Add up to 8 IP modules to communicate to your field sensors. This will give you a total of 128 discrete IO points or 32 analog IO channels.
– Free Software and 30 days of free training with every CPU from Automation Direct.
– Interactive PLC Configuration Tool
– Tag Names
– Auto discovery IO – Physical I/O tags will be generated based on each module’s position in the base. You can also reconfigure the setup and assign new tags manually.
– I/O Modules have QR codes under the wiring cover. This can be scanned so you can have the latest specifications / wiring diagrams for the module.
– Limitless PID – Auto tuning – Individual or Cascade Mode – etc
– Web Server and Mobile Access
– Advanced Software instruction set
We will be looking at allot of these features of this powerful controller. Let’s start by looking at the hardware. Continue Reading!